Monday, November 9, 2009

Oh Sh*t, I forgot to blog...

...but I am on schedule with my word count (well at least I will be, by midnight)...

Contrary to the title, this blog entry isn't about how flaky I am when it comes to my voluntary commitments. Rather, this blog entry is about how I need to be voluntarily committed.

Or maybe maybe drinking heavily will suffice.

I forgot to plot book 2 in preparation for Nano, and I knew I didn't have much to finish in the first draft of book 1. I think a small part of me assumed that either a.) I would flake out on Nano -or- b.) I am such a genius that I no longer require the need to plot and outline; fantastic quality stories just come to me instantly, in chronological order, when I sit in front of a laptop.

Well, on day 9, I'm learning that it definitely isn't option b.)

So I rounded the corner to book 2 on day 5 of Nano and well, the story began to get away from me. So tonight, is PLOT night. And Michelle is coming to administer the beatings if I get off task...

...she will be administering the alcohol if I am good...egg nog, with brandy...

I plan on being good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You WERE good! We got stuff done! And you are on task with word count. I am proud of you. Beatings avoided for another week . . .