Saturday, November 1, 2008

Writing muses.....

I love princesses. I seriously do. I can't even tell you how many times I dressed as a princess for Halloween. Its probably easier if I tell you how many I didn't.

I just find it very intriguing, the notion of self sacrifice there is in being born royal. Sure, there are the pitfalls of power mongering, the public scrutiny and then there is the small matter of always having to worry about being assassinated. But in general, that people were born into the burden of placing personal preference second to public expectation, or worse, not having any freedom to explore personal preference is, to me, fascinating.

So when I write, I write about princesses. BUT, in storytelling, there are two very opposite spectrum's of princess. On the one hand, you have the stereotypical rebellious princess syndrome (you know the type, and unfortunately, this is my favorite type no matter how clique'!) and on the other, there is victim princess syndrome. In the middle is the *yawn* reluctant princess syndrome. Three very unlikeable princess characters. What to do?

So the question is, what are the top 5 character trait's YOU'D want to see in a socially conscience princess with mad warrior ninja skills and a PhD in Poly Sci and Econ??

No comments: